Friday, August 15, 2008

Music Motivates.....

Wow, my first “blog”…..a pink Blackberry, Facebook and now, this! I know, I know, welcome to 2008.

A few weeks ago, I decided it was time to start working at getting my body AND my mind in shape so, I’ve recently started running. It’s tough. My legs hurt and there are days I haven’t felt like hitting the pavement. I’ve found that once I DO head out for my nightly run, the thing that keeps me going is the music playing in my ears. I’m convinced, if it weren’t for the latest Jordin Sparks track, “One Step At A Time”, there would have been a few nights I could have easily given up. According to a recent “Men’s Health” article on “Mental Fake Outs To Improve Your Mood”, some of what you feel has to do with your brain’s response to outside stimuli. Change the stimuli and you can change your mood…..hearing your favorite tracks can energize and motivate you! No Kidding! I’ve compiled a list of tracks I have playing on my I-Pod for my nightly run.

Erin Wilde’s List of Music Motivators:

Metro Station “Shake It”
Expose “Point of No Return”
Eric Prydz “Call On Me”
C&C Music Factory “Gonna Make You Sweat”
Go Go’s “We Got the Beat”
Blur “Song 2”
Quad City DJ’s “C’Mon Ride It (The Train)
Prince “Let’s Go Crazy”
David Bowie “Modern Love”
Outkast “Hey Ya”
Survivor “Eye of the Tiger”
Green Day “American Idiot”
Toni Basil “Mickey”
Sir Mix A Lot “Baby Got Back”
Madonna “Holiday”
Jordin Sparks “One Step At a Time”

What are yours?????

Look forward to hearing from you….Erin

6 comments:

Mike's Bloggity Blog said...

Those are awesome selections! I would include Rock DJ by Robbie Williams though!! Or "Ain't No Other Man" by X-tina!!!

Tripp West said...

how abouts some Bryan Adams. Maybe "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)". Oh wait... that's a different "work out"......

For real.... Bon Jovi - "You Give Love a Bad Name"!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the running! Too hot to run where I live right now but I would have to add Beyonce "Crazy In Love" to the list!

Unknown said...

Definitely Love Inc - Superstar!!! That song can get me up and going at anytime of the day!

Erin Wilde said...

Adam H (Halifax, NS) wrote
at 4:54pm on August 15th, 2008
Ummm... let me see... let me see...
"OPP" Naughty by Nature... oh wait... this is running... I thought you meant... nvm...
I'm going to go hide under a rock
U ROCK ERIN



Roman Golod wrote
at 5:55pm on August 15th, 2008
Haddaway-what is love!!!

Doctordave said...

How about eye of the Tiger or another one bites the dust good 80's songs Erin